Do you havetrouble waking up early? Do you always get late for early morning official meetings? Well, you are not alone who’s having trouble waking up early in fact most of the people regularly face this problem. Though the reasons for the sleep problemsdiffer according to each individual but you will find plenty of people complaining and saying “I slept too long and missed the important meeting or school”.
So, the reasons behind the sleeping disorders vary. Let’s find out how.
Young People: Each human body needs some hours of sound sleep and aging plays an important role in deciding how much sleep is required for the young or old people. Your body goes through lot of changes as you grow and so is your daily routine. An average high school or college student needs at least 9 hours as they had to go through lot of hard work in the entire day.
Most of the kids put their mobiles next to them at night so they end up sleeping late at night. Though they set alarms but they still can’t wake up according to their school timings.
Sleepwalkers: Have you heard someone walking in the night in a low consciousness state? Sleepwalkers usually perform activities that they usually do in their full consciousness state. Though their eyes are open but they don’t remember any incident done in that case as they are just walking in a sleeping state. Their mind neither rests in such case nor gets enough sleep so they end up waking late. This sleeping disorder can sometimes result in some dangerous activities so it’s better to consult a doctor.
Shift Workers: The people who work on shifts usually face this problem because their routine gets disrupted because of their irregular work timings. Sometimes they have to wake up at 5 am in the morning and sometimes their shift timings force them to work throughout the night so their sleeping routine disrupts which results in sleep deprivation and hence face trouble in waking up.
Depression & Insomnia: These both are considered serious disorders and should not be ignored. One of the most common signs of depression is insomnia, a state where an individual is unable to fall or stay asleep. The real cause of this is anxiety, stress, and trauma, financial or physical troubles, death of a loved one, loneliness and many more.
Sleep deprivation can often results is many problems such as:
- Health ailments
- Makes you feel drowsy, tired and lazy all the time
- Affects your thinking process
- Kills your sex interest
- Dulls your skin and cause dark circles around your eyes
- Makes you forgetful
- It may results in obesity
“How to wake up early in the morning” is a tough question but when you regularly follow the below guidelines you can surely achieve it.
- Ask yourself why you want to wake up early: Make sure you convince yourself with an honest reason to wake up early. Ask yourself “What would I get if I wake up early? Answering this question will instil positivity in you which ultimately convinces you to leave the bed early.
- Practice: Give your body enough time to adapt to a particular routine. You can’t sleep and wake up at the same time each day. You should practice it by starting with sleeping and waking 15 minutes earlier which will surely help you.
- Power Down: Turn of anything that can disrupt your sleep be it your Television, music system or your mobile phone. Put all your gadgets away to take the first step towards sleep. You can read the book if it helps you to sleep and make yourself comfortable.
- Create a light routine: Before bedtime, do activities that relax you like take a shower and then read a book or listen to the soothing music and stick to that routine so that your body knows the day has ended and it’s time to sleep.
- Alarm: Most of the people press the snooze button when the alarm rings and goes back to sleep again. So instead of placing your alarm next to your bed you can place it somewhere where you will be forced to get up to turn it off. This can help you to wake up.
All these things can help you in waking up early but only if you convince yourself and stick to a proper routine. Most of us have forgotten this rhyme but it’s true:
Early to Bed Early to Rise Makes a Man Healthy, Wealthy and Wise!
Most Recent Posts